seedy thoughts

It's February, which means all I can think about are seeds.
And the new lens I bought for my camera.


homemade sprouts


flower seeds started under lights


and a seed and grain mix for sprinkling on food


For this last, I literally went through the jars of seeds and whole grains I had on hand, sampling each to make sure they would crunch (not get stuck in molars) and ended up with a blend of sesame, flax, hemp, chia, buckwheat groats and millet. Sprinkle it on cereal, salad, ice cream .. even toast and peanut butter like I did this morning! Keep it in the fridge. Yum. 

Here comes spring!

Comments

  1. Wow, just stopped by for a quick visit - I love your photos. I'll be back soon. By the way it's your cousin Michele :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Michele! Thanks for checking in and the praise -- always appreciated! Nice to hear from you!

      Delete
  2. Great shots! What lens did you buy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Liam! It's a 50mm f/1.8 -- nothing fancy really but fun to experiment with! New post tomorrow with more!

      Delete
  3. Older Sister of Your Man22 February 2016 at 17:43

    Whhooooaahhhh! I think this is the first time that real people's real names have been used on the blog!!! That's cool. Not, "Dog's Favorite Cousin in the Whole World" or "Tall Handsome Guy that loves Artist Daughter", no, real names were used in the commenting of this blog. :)

    Speaking of the blog, I've missed you. I love this post though - amazing photos. Simply wonderful. And you can't say it is because of the new lens - it is absolutely because of your incredible artistic and creative eye. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, names only because the individuals commenting used names...

      Delete

Post a Comment