looking up!

I have a tendency to walk looking at my feet. Mainly because I trip over things if I'm looking anywhere else, but I try to be conscious of this tendency because it means I often miss a lot about my surroundings. As a photography enthusiast (and a human being) this is not a good thing.

While playing tourist (and proud mama to TheOneInTheMiddle) in Quebec earlier this month I found my eye (and camera) being drawn up... to the beautifully clear sky of course, but also to the rooftops, peaks, and lush trees. And after attending the latest quilt guild meeting last night, I realized that these photos make use of negative space in the same way so many interesting modern quilts do.

Have a look. I think you'll see what I mean.











I'll be making a point of looking up this week -- I could use a new perspective on things. How about you?

Comments

  1. Older Sister of Your Man17 June 2015 at 17:32

    Fabulous. Business venture for you? I've said it before, you are an amazing photographer......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Currently basking in the complement and waiting for the job offers to come flooding in....

      Delete

Post a Comment