nought not knot

When the opportunity arose to send something to my mom across the country I thought, "Sure, I can make a quilt in a week!" Argh... my fingers are still recovering!

I started last week Tuesday with little squares given to me a long time ago that I never knew what to do with...


I wanted to make a "pluses quilt" -- I've seen a lot of those around the web -- and after a quick trip to the fabric store I was on my way...


My orignal plan, given the time restraints, was to do a tiny bit of hand quilting around the plusses and a whole lotta knots in between (and call it "knots and crosses"). But half-way in I realized I was going to have to do a lot more hand-quilting. At the same time, I was trying out Sarah Fielke's technique, using perle 8 cotton. I'm thinking the possibilities here are endless!


In the end, there are more "o's" than knots, hence the name change to "noughts and crosses" (the Britich term for x's and o's) and as these are also the signs of affection, it's also called "hugs and kisses" which couldn't be more appropriate for Mom.


This little project is boarding a plane as I write this -- bon voyage!

Comments

  1. Older Sister of Your Man25 October 2014 at 18:15

    Lucky Mom! She will love it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment