muumuu redux

Recently, my mom sorted through her closets and drawers, and I inherited a few gems in the process. One of them was this floral "house dress", meant for lounging-about in comfort, that reminded me of the 70's "muumuus" our neighbour used to wear.....


It's a no-holds-barred print and I thought it deserved better than its current shapeless rendering.
Round about the same time, I discovered that the nondescript little pharmacy down the road carries Burda Style magazines! The latest issue featured simple, shapely summer dresses and I couldn't resist!


I used twin-needle top-stitching with two different coloured threads (why not, and seriously, you can barely tell anyway).



And in no time at all....


...definitely more "woohoo" than "moo" I think!

Comments

  1. Older Sister of Your Man22 June 2014 at 14:43

    OMG!!!! That is gorgeous! This is the ultimate DoOver, and definitely what this blog is all about. While I love everything about DoOver, I love this kind of stuff a lot. Thank you. I really like your heavy round 'straight pins' for holding the pattern in place. Bet that saves a ton of time and a few pricked fingers as well.

    While I have your attention, bring your 'unfinished-sweater-in-a-bag" next weekend and I'll take it off your hands. And finally, a book you should consider putting on your nightstand: The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thanks!
      Yes, I'll bring the sweater -- will be glad to make room in the closet! We'll have to decide if it's worth salvaging.
      And thanks for the book suggestion -- I haven't been updating my list....

      Delete
  2. Oh! Oh, oh, oh! That is amazing! Absolutely more woo woo than mu mu! I just found your site (clicking over from the Vancouver MQG site). I'm just starting out sewing my own clothing. i didn't realize there were magazines with patterns in them...I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nita and welcome to my little bloggy thing -- I'm glad you stopped by!
      Yes Burda magazine has patterns -- it's a bit hard to find in the lower mainland, so I wish you luck. The patterns themselves are all printed on top of each other and a challenge to trace out but if you sew and quilt, you're probably not afraid of a little extra challenge!

      Delete

Post a Comment