Ancient Italian Secret

I'm pretty sure that Italian grandmothers have been laughing at the rest of us for years and years. They know something we don't -- something I suspect many have taken to their graves. I can imagine a wizened old Nonna, lying on her deathbed, grudgingly beckoning her daughter-in-law to her side to finally pass on the most guarded of her secrets -- only the thought of denying her beloved son the taste of her own special pasta recipe could force her to reveal this....


Okay, admittedly, that's a bit dramatic. But, I can also imagine how a certain Home Arts Diva managed to get her perfectly manicured hands on this little recipe -- carefully planted spies? bugging devices? blackmail or simple bribery? Who knows. All I know is this is possibly the best pasta dish I've ever had and, at 20 minutes from raw to finished, (with just one pot to clean!) certainly the quickest. Mind, it takes 20 hands-on minutes... you have to stand by to stir the pot often so you only have time to set the table while making this. Don't plan on, say, balancing your cheque book at the same time -- wait, does anyone still do that? -- or maybe checking for new posts on your favourite blog...

As I have a deep (fearful) respect (fear) of copyright laws, I won't repeat the recipe here, but I'll give you this link: One Pan Pasta as well as adding it to the recipe links in the left-hand column of the page.

Buon appetito!

Comments

  1. Older Sister of Your Man10 July 2013 at 20:23

    Sounds great and one I'll try. I have a healthy pot of basil growing great guns on my deck so a good way to use it. Ask Your Man about our Italian neighbours on 2nd Avenue in the Town Where We Grew Up. We used to go over there about half and hour before Our Mom called us in for supper, and we pigged out on the neighbour's amazing pasta. I have never had pasta like that since. It was unbelievably delicious. Needless to say Our Mom was not impressed with this as we were full and unable to eat the equally good food that she had put on the table for us.

    How about a subsection to the WHAT'S ON MY NIGHTSTAND section of the blog: WHAT'S ON MY KOBO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried the Pasta with Chickpea-Tomato Sauce at the same link - yummmm! I'll be trying the One Pan version next for sure...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment